What we consider proper behavior on theLearnia
We want this Website to be a safe, helpful and stable place for everyone to visit. In order to make this happen, we need your help.
You agree that:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on this Website.
- You will not collect Users' content or information, or otherwise access this Website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or violence.
- You will not use this Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of this Website, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Website functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms or our policies.
Remember that you are legally responsible for your User-Generated Content. You can be legally held personally responsible if your User-Generated Content is violates the law, is defamatory, obscene, or libelous, violates an obligation of confidentiality, or violates the rights of others. You are also legally responsible for any User-Generated Content submitted by anyone logging onto this Website using your username and password, including those doing so without your authorization.
Special Terms for Teachers
If you register with us as a Teacher, then in addition to being bound by all the other Terms, you are also bound by the following:
As a Teacher, you can contribute content. Any User-Generated Content that you provide (including anything that you write on your wall) can be viewed on the walls of all other Users, including those of other Teachers and of Students: Students and Teachers can view your profile, see what you wrote on your wall and with whom you have been in contact, even if they do not ask you to be their “friend”.
By uploading your User-Generated Content, you grant us the right to solicit votes of "like" or of "dislike" from other Users concerning the User-Generated Content. We ourselves may (but are not obligated to) rate your User-Generated Content and you as a Teacher, in our sole discretion and according to whatever criteria we may deem appropriate at the time, and we may publish our ratings on the Website. We may (but are not obligated to) also recommend selected Teachers on the Website, in our sole discretion and according to whatever criteria we may deem appropriate at the time.
We may add commercial advertising content to any movie or other User-Generated Content that you upload, by imbedding such content into the movie or by other means.
However, Teachers may not add any commercial matter (for example, by means of subtitles, embedded video or audio, or video overlay) without our prior written approval. Any attempt to do so will be considered a violation of these Terms and may result in the Teacher’s Account termination and/or deletion of any of the Teacher’s User-Generated Content. However, a Teacher may add her/his logo as an overlay to her/his User-Generated Content, as long as the ratio of logo size to content size is 1:20 or less.
Teachers are encouraged to add personal details to their profiles; all content of profiles can be viewed by any User. In order to allow us to credit Teachers most effectively for their User-Generated Content, they should upload photos of themselves to their profiles, for attachment to User-Generated Content with the Teacher’s name.